LOV is hiring!
Do you …
- Approach the world with curiosity, enthusiasm, empathy and fun?
- Love to bring people together to create inclusive community?
- Dig deep to understand a challenge and think outside the box to solve it?
- Enjoy both supporting others behind the scenes and shining in the spotlight yourself?
- Have versatile communication skills?
LOV-Dane is looking for a person who answers yes to these questions! This position, also known as Bridge Builder, will support individuals with a variety of disabilities as they explore their gifts and dreams, set manageable goals, and build the skills and connections to achieve them.
The Community Connector/Bridge Builder will …
- Build relationships with project members (individuals with disabilities), their families and close supporters
- Support members and their teams to discover and set goals and create an action plan to achieve them
- Work with project members to design organizational systems and build skills that will increase their independence at home, work, or the community
- Facilitate authentic relationships between members and others
- Actively seek out community connections (clubs, churches, service groups, employment) with and for project members
- Provide technical support and training to others who support the member (paid or unpaid) to achieve their goals
- Cultivate and support community partnerships to facilitate inclusion
This position will start in late May, 2017 and is full time. Annual pay is $31,000-33,000 (based on experience) with paid time off and benefits. A driver’s license and vehicle with car insurance are essential for frequent travel around Madison and Dane County. Availability to work frequent evenings and weekends is necessary.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, resume and responses to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 4/28/17.
- How are you connected to others who share your interests? What have been the most rewarding parts of that community involvement?
- What experiences have you had supporting people with disabilities? What draws you to this life path?
- Members of the Bridge Builder project may need support to overcome their initial reluctance or fear of trying new things and meeting new people. How would you spur them to move forward?
- This job requires a lot of independent planning and facilitation skills. What experience have you had with these types of job requirements?