Who We Are
Living Our Visions, Inc. (LOV-Dane) is a grassroots organization of individuals with disabilities, their families, friends and community members building fulfilling and community-centered lives for all citizens.
LOV-Dane envisions a future in which adults with disabilities live as independently as possible in communities to which they contribute through productive employment, engaged citizenship, and caring, reciprocal relationships.
Family Governed and Family Led:
· Mobilize individuals with disabilities, their families and friends to develop projects based on their interests and needs
· Build capacity even in the face of shrinking resources
· Generate creative solutions outside of the traditional service system
· Work with staff as partners
Collective Action and Relationship Focused:
· Facilitate relationships of caring and mutual support
· Learn, develop and implement creative solutions together
· Collectively leverage family and community assets
Cultivators of Individual and Community Gifts:
· Celebrate the unique gifts of our members
· Find valued roles for individual and organizational contribution
· Build reciprocal partnerships with community organizations